Thursday, August 9, 2007

encore encore encore

Good news for those who just jumped in the transformers bandwagon, takara (japan transformers company) is releasing the old g1 (generation 1) molds again on a new line. Notice I say again, because this is the nth reissue of the molds. Despite that, the public has been graciously sweeping out anything transformers, specially g1. Never could understand why. Especially w/ the limited articulation. and odd looking robot modes.

I for one, having only recently started collecting would love to own a g1 optimus prime for the only reason that this was one of my childhood dream toys! along with the dinobots, voltron, visionaries, gijoes, tmnt, etc.. (i just realized i could go on forever) Other than that, not unless I become uberly rich, would I collect all the other bots for the sake of completion. Furthermore I don't think you have to worry if you can't get one at a good price, don't chase after the outrageous prices 2nd hand scalpers offer them. There'll be another encore encore for sure. And maybe another encore, encore, encore. The formula, somehow, works. Our generation are really suckers for these babies.

the first 4 in this new line (but old molds) are optimus prime, megatron, soundwave, and starscream! they are already released in japan, and they'll be available locally tomorrow! whooo, can't wait for my g1 prime. :) hopefully there are still megatrons left on my next paycheck. for my g1 protagonist-antagonist pair.

Optimus Prime w/ trailer
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Megatron german walter p38
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Soundwave w/ just 1 tape laserbeak? aw comeon.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Starscream, need I say more.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us



here's how they look inside the box, and some displays in some tokyo toy fair.



----------
thanks to actoys.net and cybph.com for pix and references

No comments: